NVIDIA SHIELD will transform the way you interact with your TV. We’ve made set-up extremely easy.
To help you get started, the SHIELD FAQ
(frequently asked questions) covers many common questions.
SHIELD User Guide
The SHIELD User Guide
will help you become a SHIELD expert. All you need to get started is a TV that supports HDMI and an internet connection. Just plug everything in and follow the set-up instructions. If you are having difficulty getting the included controller to work, follow these steps:
- Connect your SHIELD controller to your SHIELD using the USB cable included in the box.
- After you complete the SHIELD set-up process, install the SHIELD software upgrade. It’ll be on the first row in the menu. You can also find it in Settings (Device > About > System Update).
- After the upgrade is installed and your device restarts, unplug the SHIELD controller.
- Follow these steps to wirelessly connect your SHIELD controller.
Rarely, some 4K TVs may show a black screen after installing your first OTA. These instructions only apply if: You are plugged into a 4K TV AND this is the first software upgrade being applied to your SHIELD AND you see a black screen after applying the update.
- Unplug both the HDMI cable and the power cable from the back of SHIELD.
- After 10 seconds, plug only the power cable back into SHIELD (do not plug in the HDMI cable).
- Wait 15 minutes for the software upgrade to install.
- After 15 minutes, plug the HDMI cable back into SHIELD.
SHIELD Trouble Shooting Guide
The SHIELD Trouble Shooting Guide
can help you solve issues that you may encounter. The SHIELD Controller Connection Guide
can help you keep everything connected.
SHIELD Online Forums
Already have a SHIELD? Share your experiences with fellow owners or get answers to your questions in our online forums
And don’t forget, NVIDIA Customer Care is ready to help 24x7.