When NVIDIA looks at entering new markets, we like to move into areas where we can innovate and where our products can help solve hard problems. With today’s announcement of the Acer Chromebook 13, we’re achieving both.
The Acer Chromebook 13 is the industry’s first Chromebook with our NVIDIA Tegra K1 processor. It offers customers unmatched graphics performance, record-setting 13-hour battery life and breezy multi-tasking performance, all in an ultra-mobile form factor.
The Chromebook phenomenon surprised many with its swift rise to popularity, and now people are expecting more from the devices. When powered by the Tegra K1, the Chromebook experience is better than ever:
- Tegra K1’s breakthrough power efficiency gives Chromebooks incredibly long battery life, and silent, slim, fanless designs, which are true measures of any mobile device’s portability.
- People rarely use computers for just one thing at a time. We might be browsing multiple websites while streaming audio and running productivity apps. Tegra K1’s quad-core CPU has more cores available than the majority of Chromebook processors, so you can run all your favorite tasks without missing a beat. And you can do so faster than on any other mobile processor on the market.
- Lots of schools use Chromebooks, but mostly for mundane activities like spreadsheets and quizzes. With the arrival of a new wave of 3D interactive educational websites, Tegra K1’s best-in-class GPU performance is transforming the Chromebook into a powerful interactive learning tool.
- The web is rapidly becoming a graphically rich, visual environment, thanks in part to the wide adoption of WebGL. Tegra K1 delivers the raw graphics power that these visual environments demand.
- We game on all our devices, so why should a Chromebook be any different? With the upcoming launch of addicting games like Miss Take and Oort, along with the promise of great titles thanks to the adoption of WebGL in Unreal Engine 4 and Unity 5, the future of Chromebooks is looking really fun.
Acer Chromebook 13
We’re entering this market with Acer, the #1 player in the Chromebook space. With the Acer Chromebook 13 priced at only $279, the world’s first Chromebook powered by our Tegra K1 processor may also be the world’s best deal.
It’s a high-performance, power-sipping marvel, delivering well over 50 percent more battery life than the average top-selling Chromebook. Plus, Tegra K1 stays cool without a fan, so the system is completely silent.
It’s sized at a comfortable 13 inches, which means you get a full-size keyboard and a much larger track pad and display (available in 1080p) than previous models. And to top it all off, it’s one of the thinnest Chromebooks on the market at only 18mm.
Available for presale now at Amazon.com and BestBuy.com, the Acer Chromebook 13 will be among the most feature packed, yet affordable Chromebooks on the market.
With the Tegra K1 inside, it’s a screaming deal.